events venue assistant
We are looking for a Full Time Events Venue Assistant to be responsible for the day to day operations and set up of the venue for its users. You will be responsible for ensuring the clients requirements are met in conjunction with the Event Manager and Event Coordinator.
This role will require you to have knowledge in sports and/or events. You will also be required to undertake custodian and small maintenance duties.
Daily duties include
Setting up for Mon - Fri regular user sports; Volleyball, Futsal, Basketball, Netball, Pickleball
Ensuring venue cleanliness
Scheduling staff for major events
Liaising with regular users about their requirements
Conducting light repairs and maintenance duties
The following attributes are necessary:
- Experience in the sport or events industry is required
- Physically fit - as the moving of heavy equipment is required.
- Attention to detail – able to read set up instructions and complete with limited supervision
- Customer service – Pettigrew Green Arena is a hive of activity with sports, EIT classes, and Sport Hawkes Bay keeping people coming and going. Our operations staff are the face of PGA and need to deliver excellent customer service to all public.
- Sound knowledge of H&S – it is our responsibility to ensure the venue and activities in the venue do not pose a safety risk to the public.
- Flexible hours – We require someone willing to work nights, occasional weekends and early mornings.
- Natural Leadership - Our permanent operations staff are required to manage and lead casual staff and volunteers so some leadership skills are required.
Please find a full job description here
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th August