Event Coordinator - Fixed term
Bring your skills in event management, sport and rec or sales and marketing to Pettigrew Green Arena. Currently requiring an Event Coordinator for Oct - April to fill in for Maternity Leave.
Background in the sports or events industry
Proven ability to lead a team
3+ years in an administration or managerial role
Nice to haves:
Sales and marketing experience
experience using Xero accounting software or Priava events booking system
Flexibility - this is the events industry and some hours will be required in evenings and weekends.
You will support the Event Manager to lead the events team and deliver a top quality facility to our clients for their events. Attention to detail and knowledge and awareness of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 is a priority to ensure all visitor and users of PGA are safe at all times.
The events season is dynamic and exciting so we want someone who expresses enthusiasm and energy to apply.
Please find a copy of the full job description here
Please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 15th September.
events venue assistant
We are looking for a Full Time Events Venue Assistant to be responsible for the day to day operations and set up of the venue for its users. You will be responsible for ensuring the clients requirements are met in conjunction with the Event Manager and Event Coordinator.
This role will require you to have knowledge in sports and/or events. You will also be required to undertake custodian and small maintenance duties.
Daily duties include
Setting up for Mon - Fri regular user sports; Volleyball, Futsal, Basketball, Netball, Pickleball
Ensuring venue cleanliness
Scheduling staff for major events
Liaising with regular users about their requirements
Conducting light repairs and maintenance duties
The following attributes are necessary:
- Experience in the sport or events industry is required
- Physically fit - as the moving of heavy equipment is required.
- Attention to detail – able to read set up instructions and complete with limited supervision
- Customer service – Pettigrew Green Arena is a hive of activity with sports, EIT classes, and Sport Hawkes Bay keeping people coming and going. Our operations staff are the face of PGA and need to deliver excellent customer service to all public.
- Sound knowledge of H&S – it is our responsibility to ensure the venue and activities in the venue do not pose a safety risk to the public.
- Flexible hours – We require someone willing to work nights, occasional weekends and early mornings.
- Natural Leadership - Our permanent operations staff are required to manage and lead casual staff and volunteers so some leadership skills are required.
Please find a full job description here
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th August