Fitness manager - Full time - fixed 12 month
· Fixed Term Contract - Parental Leave Cover
· A competitive salary
· Passionate, friendly, supportive and qualified team
Arena Gym based at Pettigrew Green Arena has a diverse membership from the Taradale community and the enthusiasm of our members will make your day.
Arena Gym located in the heart of Hawke's Bay's premier sports and events centre Pettigrew Green Arena, is looking for a Fitness Manager for a 12 month fixed term contract for parental leave cover.
Why chose Arena Gym:
- An industry competitive salary
- Supportive staff that are passionate about the health and fitness industry
- Ability to provide valuable contributions to achieving strategic objectives of Arena Gym
- A gym membership for yourself and a family member
What is Arena Gym about:
- A well equipped Fitness Centre with a variety of training equipment
- Friendly, supportive, qualified Instructors who are passionate about health & fitness
- Has an Instructor rostered on at all times and provides free regular assessments & programmes to members
- Diverse range of members 15-95 years
Experience in fitness centre operations, membership sales and retention, and implementation of marketing strategies are essential. Knowledge of gym POS systems to meet audit requirements and report on targets to management is required.
You will need to be confident to lead, train and coordinate staff and be able to inspire members to achieve their well-being and exercise goals.
Arena Gym runs Les Mills group fitness, community classes and has a contracted personal trainer. You will need experience in coordinating and delivery of group fitness.
- Manage the daily operations of fitness centre, including Fitness Instructors rosters and work expectations
- Oversee maintenance and cleaning of fitness centre and equipment
- Manage POS system including membership sales, retention and reporting, and implement marketing strategies
- Meet Exercise NZ and health & safety regulations and statutory requirements, monitor industry trends and demands to provide a safe and relevant training environment for members
- Oversee group fitness instructors, personal trainer and community classes and run classes when required
- Complete fitness centre floor tasks, create and deliver assessments & programmes as required
Apply in writing with CV & cover letter to Paula at: email@example.com
For a full job description click here
Successful applicants will be contacted via phone for an interview and will be asked to create & deliver programming for members.